Risk management solutions are provided to clients using software for risk assessment and incident investigation & analysis. Risk assessment is about knowing what your risks and hazards are and how you control them. The incident part only comes into play when your plan has not worked out and some of your barriers were ineffective.
BowTieXP is a next generation risk assessment software tool that uses the Bowtie Method to assess risks. BowTieXP is unique in its ability to visualize complex risks in a way that is understandable, yet also allows for detailed risk based improvement plans.
It explains a relatively complicated risk scenario in a very easy and intuitive way.
Standard: All the basic components for barrier based risk analysis.
Advanced: Has some additional tools that are very useful when importing data and creating a BowTie library.
BowTieServer: Centralizes all the BowTie, incident and audit information within an organization in a single database.
Allows you to add questions on barriers and display the results in a visual manner on the diagram. This can help an organization understand their barrier quality. AuditXP is an add-on for the BowTieXP software package. It is used to generate barrier related audit questionnaires.
- The add-on allows users to easily generate questions concerning barriers and management systems. These single questions can then be compiled into questionnaires, which can be exported as easy Excel audit fill-out lists. After importing the audit findings, the results can be visualized in the diagram.
- Auditing is a valuable way of gaining insight into barrier quality/effectiveness, to get early warnings before incidents will occur. With the AuditXP add-on, CGE Risk Management Solutions provides a tool to close the Deming circle. After defining the barriers in your safety management system (i.e. the plan stage) and implementing them (i.e. the do stage), a check is required to ensure the quality of the barriers. Relying on barriers that are in reality inadequate can be dangerous. Also, a thorough examination of the barriers during the check stage facilitates the generation of relevant recommendations later on (i.e. act stage).
IncidentXP is an incident analysis software product that uses the same software framework as BowTieXP. This makes it possible to link incident analysis information to risk assessment information. However, IncidentXP can also be used as full-fledged stand-alone incident analysis tool.
The software is designed to learn from all incidents that have occurred in your company. The type of incidents may range from process deviations, to near misses, to small incidents, to major accidents. And the incidents can relate to both process safety and personal safety.
It includes the following methods from which the client can choose:
- BSCAT: Created by DNV, Barrier-based Systematic Causation Analysis Technique. Links very well with BowTie. It has standardized pick lists with generic causes that investigators can select from. This is useful for trending analysis.
- Tripod Beta: Developed by Shell, well known in oil and gas industry. Very detailed technique that requires proper training to use effectively. Also barrier-based.
- BFA: Similar to BSCAT, only without the pre-populated standardized pick lists. This version allows you to change the lists to suit the companies standards.
Investigator 3 structures your incident investigation by following the steps of the TOP-SET® methodology. This method guides you through the three most important steps during an investigation: Planning, Storyboarding and Analysis.
- There are two incident analysis methods in Investigator 3: Root Cause Analysis and Tripod Beta analysis. Both are well-known methods to find the most important and underlying causes of an incident.
- The software is very user-friendly in building your analysis tree(s) in an efficient way. There are various layout and design options in the software to personalize your tree.
- All the information that is collected during the investigation and analysis can be generated in a report, including pictures and an extensive findings section.
- This report is fully adjustable to fit your company standards and can be exported to a perfectly editable word document.
BlackBox is a software tool that guides you through all phases of incident investigation and analysis. It is a fixed workflow that leads you through an accelerated investigation process, starting with basic investigation information, an investigation diagram, to recommendations and an automatically generated report. It is a very useful tool for low risk incidents and near misses. BlackBox is based on the TOP-SET® incident investigation methodology.
- It follows the structure of the TOP-SET® method by guiding you through a wizard. This wizard takes you through the investigation process step by step by asking the right questions at the right time, providing you with tips and instructions. BlackBox has been designed to speed up the investigation process, making it possible to do a full investigation in less than an hour. The software automatically and quickly creates: a cause tree, recommendations and SMART-actions and a detailed report. BlackBox does most of the legwork for you, leaving you able to focus on the critical thinking that goes into an investigation.
- Because of BlackBox its simplicity and ease of use, people with any level of computer experience can use it. In this way, the investigation of low risk incidents is made much more straightforward and more productive.
Contact Site Safety
for a demonstration and trial of the software products listed above.
BowTieXP, AuditXP, IncidentXP and BowTieServer logos and trademarks are the property of CGE and used by permission. http://www.cgerisk.com